Confidentiality is paramount in Mellow Spring Childcare Development Centre and it is our policy to include in all contracts of employment a secrecy and integrity clause, which is signed and strictly adhered to in the interest of child protection, the family and all Centre matters.
- We do not discuss details of any child or family outside the service without written permission from the parent/carer/guardian.
- Confidential information is shared only with staff members who need the information to effectively perform their job.
- Personnel details are not discussed without written consent of staff.
- Both staff and parents may view/receive a copy of their own files or those relating to their own children. IF it is not possible to do this immediately, then it must be done within twenty four hours of request.
- All files are kept in a locked unit. Only the manager has access to this unit.
- All staff are informed of the confidentiality policy during their induction period.
- Parents are informed of the confidentiality policy before their child is enrolled in the service.